Blue sapphire or Neelam Stone is a mystical gemstone, which is considered as the fastest acting gemstone in astrology, giving its benefits in a matter of days. It is the gemstone associated with the planet Saturn or Shani and can bring sudden riches, windfall gains in business and stability in the career for the wearer, besides protecting him from the evil eye.
However, you have to be very careful about the rituals for wearing a blue sapphire gemstone, otherwise, it may cause more harm than good. The first and foremost thing to keep in mind is to have the personal compatibility of the gemstone checked by an expert astrologer from 9Gem.com Secondly, you should always buy blue sapphire to avail maximum benefits from it. It is preferable to buy a certified blue sapphire.
Additionally, there are certain rituals to be followed before wearing this gemstone. These are mentioned as follows:
- The best time to purchase a blue sapphire gemstone is on Saturday, during the Shukla Paksha
- The gemstone should be mounted on a ring made up of Panchdhatu (5 metals including gold in 1 part, copper in 1 part, silver in 2 parts, lead in 3 parts and iron in 4 parts).
- It should be studded in such a manner that the blue sapphire gemstone comes in contact with the skin of the wearer.
- The weight of a blue sapphire can ideally be 5 or 7 ratti (1 ratti=0.9 carat). It should not be less than 1.5 ratti.
- The best time to wear a blue sapphire is Saturday evening two hours before sunset, in accordance with the nakshatras mentioned at the time of its purchase.
- The ring should be worn on the middle finger of the right hand.
- Place a black asana facing the West direction and sit on it. Immerse the ring in a copper bowl full of water and then wash it with the holy Gangajal.
- After washing the ring, place it on a black cloth which has a Saturn/Shani Yantra drawn on it.
- Now, offer incense and flowers on the cloth and chant the following mantra 108 times:
Aum Sham Shanaishcharaye Namah Aum /
Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevaya
You can wear the blue sapphire ring now.
- After wearing the ring, donate black objects such as black urad dal, mustard oil, tea leaves and money. Pour the water into the copper bowl (used for immersing the ring) in the roots of a peepal tree.
Testing of Blue Sapphire Gemstone
Blue sapphire is a gemstone known for its immense powers, but this gemstone does not suit everyone. Before you buy a blue sapphire, you must test it for a period of three days.
If you get good dreams, it implies that the gemstone will be auspicious for you, else you should not wear it. The effect of blue sapphire varies from stone to stone. One stone may be suitable for you, while another may not.