The Planet Rahu is a shadow planet which doesn’t have any physical presence. The planet has a special significance in the native’s life. Rahu is believed to bring good results if Mars takes the 3rd and the 12th house, or when the Sun and Mercury occupy the 3rd house.
It also provides beneficial results if the planet itself is positioned in the 4th house or if it is positioned together with the planet Mercury. In order to control the ill-effects of Rahu, it is advised to wear Hessonite gemstone.
Planet Rahu and Ketu both are not physical planets, Actually, two nodes of Moon; Rahu is north node and Ketu is the south node.
As per Vedic astrology, It is believed that Gomed stone is the gemstone for Rahu and it is very helpful to reduce the ill effects of planet Rahu.
Rahu Mahadasha and use of hessonite gemstone, It is the best remedy to mitigate the negative effects of planet Rahu.
Let’s understand the results that one may experience if Rahu is placed in different houses of the birth chart.
Rahu in 1st House
If Rahu is in this house, then as per astrology, the native will get a higher position and get good results from the government. Malefic Rahu means that the native must not take electrical equipment or blue/black colored clothes from the in-laws, or their son could be affected badly.
- Offer coconut in running water.
- Wear silver on the neck.
- Mix barley in milk in the ratio of 1:4 and provide the same in running water.
- Give 400 gm lead in running water.
Rahu in 2nd House
Benefic Rahu in the 2nd house brings wealth, status, luxury and long life. Malefic Rahu makes the native poor and causes intestine related disorders.
- Wear such things that are associated with Jupiter, like yellow colored clothes, gold, apply saffron, etc.
- Do not take any electrical equipment from your in-laws.
- Maintain good relations with your mother.
- Place a silver ball in the pocket.
Rahu in 3rd House
Benefic Rahu in this house means that the native has a good, long and wealthy life. Such a native could be fearless and a loyal friend. He will taste victory from enemies and have a lot of property.
If Rahu is malefic, then the native’s money will be wasted by their brothers and relatives.
- Do not keep ivory or ivory made things in the house.
Rahu in 4th House
Benefic Rahu in this house makes the native intelligent and wealthy. If Rahu is malefic and the moon is weak, then the native may become poor, and their mother may also suffer.
- Offer 400 gm coriander or almonds, or both in flowing water.
- Wearing silver may be beneficial.
Rahu in 5th House
Benefic Rahu in this house makes the native rich, wise and healthy. Malefic Rahu makes the native experience abortions and troubles.
- Avoid drinking, eating non-vegetarian and indulging in adultery.
- Remarry your wife.
- Keep a silver made elephant in the house.
Rahu in 6th House (Exalted)
Benefic Rahu in this house brings peace of mind and intelligence. Malefic Rahu harms the native’s brothers or friends.
- Keep a black dog.
- Put a lead nail in your pocket.
- Do not harm your siblings.
Rahu in 7th House
Benefic Rahu in this house makes the native victorious over enemies. Malefic Rahu here may make the native prone to headaches.
- Offer six coconuts in a river.
- Do not marry before 21 years.
Rahu in 8th House
Rahu in this house gives malefic results. The native may have to spend money uselessly on court cases, and their family life may suffer.
- Keep saunf under the pillow while sleeping.
- Avoid working in the electricity or power department.
- Place a square shaped piece of silver.
Rahu in 9th House
Not maintaining good relations with the siblings may lead to adverse results for the native. The native may get insulted and face mental troubles.
- Apply saffron tilak daily.
- Wear gold.
- Keep a dog.
- Maintain good relations with in-laws.
Rahu in 10th House
Saturn’s position in this house has an impact on the good or bad results. An auspiciously placed Saturn makes the native wealthy, brave and long-lived.
However, malefic Rahu may affect the health of the native’s mother. The native may also suffer from headaches and lose wealth.
- Offer 4 kg or 400 gms of khand in a temple or in flowing water.
- Wear a blue or black cap.
- Provide food to blind people.
- Keep the head covered.
Rahu in 11th House
Malefic Rahu in this house indicates that the native has bad relations with his father. Business may suffer losses, and the native may get inclined towards speculations and gambling, etc.
- Drink water in the silver glass.
- Do not keep blue sapphire or ivory in the house.
- Do not keep toys in the shape of an elephant in the house.
- Wear iron.
- Do not take electrical equipment as a gift.
Rahu in 12th House
Rahu in this house may result in mental problems and may even cause insomnia. It may lead to dire straits, and the native may think of committing suicide.
- Place saunf and khand under the pillow to have a sound sleep.
- Eat food in the kitchen only.