Hinduism is the starting point of the holistic healing art of Ayurveda. Jyotish or Vedic astrology is a part of it. Gemstone healing is an important healing tool used in Vedic astrology as gems have the ability to create balance in the body and get it rid of diseases and ailments.
Basically this therapy can be used by an expert to heal the body, mind, and spirit of an individual. Therefore, It is used in relation to the study of planetary influences in his natal chart.
In addition to the healing powers of gemstones, ancient Hinduism also has some great legends related to the origin of various gemstones and how they came into being and found use in astrological healing later on.
Here are some ways in which gem therapy is used in Hinduism to neutralize the ill effects of planets or enhance their positive effects.
Healing Energy Fields of Gemstone
According to the ancient Jyotish science of Hinduism, each gemstone associated with a planet. Each planet has its own color which corresponds to the color vibration of its stone. The healing gemstone acts as a filter and absorbs. It reflects these color energy fields and balances their effect on the human body.
The positive vibrations of the gemstones neutralize the negative ones of the planets and protect the wearer from them.
The ancient Vedic text Brihat Samhita throws light on the healing influences of various gemstones. Hindu astrology, even suggests cheaper alternatives for natives. Who do not have the financial resources to invest in the more expensive healing stones.
Use of Jyotish gemstones according to Hindu astrology
- According to Hindu astrology gemstones can wear in the form of rings and pendants. In such a manner that they are in contact with the skin of the wearer so that the cosmic rays may be transmitted in his body.
- There are different fingers for wearing different gemstone rings. While pendants need to touch the heart or throat chakra of the wearer to be properly effective.
- Another manner in which healing gemstones have been used in Hinduism is in the form of gem tinctures. Like herb tinctures, gem tinctures prepare by soaking the gemstones in 50-100% alcohol solution for a certain period of time.
- For instance, the preparation of diamond or sapphire tincture involves soaking the gemstones for a one month period, starting from one full moon to the other.
- On the other hand, organic stone like corals and pearls soak in weaker solutions for shorter time intervals. Gem ash can prepare by burning them and making them safe for ingestion by humans.
- Traditionally, bhasma or gem ash is popular as a quick healer. Which makes it even more expensive as compared to the gemstone itself.
- The basis of healing powers and techniques related to astrological gemstones in Hinduism may be different as that used in Western astrology. But the fact remains is that both the systems revere the gemstones for their healing powers.
- Both rely on the natural color balancing powers of gemstones as the mainstay of the study of their individual healing powers.